Tuesday 31 March 2009

Guitar lessons

DH has been taking guitar lessons for over a year now, off and on as dictated by his work. The tutor, Beefy, is very laid-back. There isn't a grading structure or anything, it's just about showing him tips and tricks to get the right sound. He's doing really well, and I can hear improvements every night when he practises.

DH asked me to come along to the last few lessons too, to add the backing so that he has more confidence to make mistakes, and Beefy can go off on one of his solos without putting DH off. It works well, and I'm having fun too.

At the moment he's learning Dire Straits' So Far Away From Me and last week we did Lady Writer. We've done Let It Be and Imagine, and the Eagles' Tequila Sunrise, and a pile of other songs like Hey There Delilah and Monty Python's Always Look on the Bright Side of Life. And of course Hotel California because you have to, but not with Beefy - he's had an overload of that over the years! The other song that DH loves is Eric Clapton's Wonderful Tonight, but he has to do that one alone with Beefy because it's on my list of worst ever songs, along with Chris de Burgh's Lady in Red haha!

I can hear DH playing the intro to So Far Away From Me. I'm going to have that song in my head all day now!

No comments: