Monday 16 March 2009

Piano pianissimo

I got into the lift after my run today with our German neighbour from downstairs. I asked him how his guitar lessons were going and he said he was having trouble finding a teacher. I mentioned that DH had lessons and he lifted his eyebrows in a little questioning German twinkle (I only just caught it) and his fingers played an imaginary piano. I rattled on about no that was me, DH played the guitar, and where, and the conversation (if you can call something that lasts 18 storeys that) went back to guitars, then he got out.

Since then, my mind keeps returning to that little German twinkle, and I can only conclude one thing. They can hear our digital piano. And I've been banging on and on about the noise that Heffalump Child upstairs makes. Oh the shame of it - I'm blushing as I type. My only consolation is that I haven't really played it that much, and not late, but um... possibly a little louder than normal. Well you have to try it out don't you?

My piano lessons start this week. So the next gadget on it that I'll be trying out is that headphone socket.

On a more uplifting note, I've finished the ScrapJazz March Layout Challenge: to create our own background using stamping, painting etc. instead of using patterned paper, and to use bling in the title. As water-colour painting is another hobby of mine, I've been meaning to do something like this for a long time. I love how it's turned out!

2 comments:

Georgina said...

WOW!! THIS is one AWESOME layout Rosey

Tamara said...

That turned out so well!!