Wednesday 24 June 2009

SDU (M)

Yesterday my friend L and I attended the first class of two in our EK Success Scrapbook Design University (Masters) course. Sounds grand doesn't it?!

We already did the Basic course back in the spring. That was learning about design, colour (L is an artist so she knew about that) as well as products and tools, many of which were new to us. I for one had no idea there were so many THINGS available to buy. There must be a lot of people out there who are creative but can't draw, can't use paint, can't copy, can't cut things out. Or maybe they can, but it's just easier to own 5 different large punches to cut 5 different sized circles instantly, for example. It was fascinating playing with all the fun tools.

Then yesterday we learned more about patterned paper: how to put it together, how to use LOTS of different kinds, how to use papers that don't match, and why some papers don't work together even if the colours match.

Next week we'll be learning about embellishments which will be great fun. Then I'll be a SDU(M) graduate!

Here is my page. Believe it or not, there are 8 different pieces of patterned paper on this LO. I have enough left over to make a new St. Patrick's Day LO every year for a good few years to come! If we celebrated St. Patrick's Day. Which we don't. Ho hum.

1 comment:

Georgina said...

Great LO Rosey - it really jumps off of the page! Blimey - a graduate in scrapbooking! Get you! LOL - Wouldnt it be great if they did that as a 3 year uni course ! :) I got my parcel today thank you so much, you have spoilt me! I love the rubons and your card is too cute