Saturday 25 July 2009

Card for baby J

My new first cousin once removed has received her card, so now I can show it to you too. I had a bit of a pink orgy again I'm afraid.

I'm one of those people who, if she puts pink clothes on, seems suddenly to be surrounded by caring, worried-looking people all asking if she feels OK. And the "pink aisle" at Toys-R-Us has always filled me with slight panic, my being as far removed as it is possible to be from the stereotypical pink'n'frilly girlie-girl. Maybe that's why I always thought that I didn't like pink much. In fact, I have a vivid memory of playing with plasticine at about 7 with the girl next door (who looked delicious in pink and it wasn't fair) and the two of us mixing different shades of pink plasticine and then going "uuuuugh PINK!" at each other. Hehee!

But now that I'm free to create pretty things for other people, I find that I DO like pink. Very much. AND lace. So I suppose I must be making up for lost time.

But I still draw the line at frills!

The empty panel now has her name on it, and I added Stickles to the roses.

The inside.

No comments: