Thursday 30 July 2009

Owl invasion

I had such fun making the owls for my LO that I couldn't stop making them! DH thought I'd gone a little owl-mad when I used up the rest of that delicious Scenic Route paper to make a little (what's the collective noun for owls? Flock? Yeah I'll go with that) flock of owls to go on some really pretty autumn-coloured cards. Yes, I know my seasons are all muddled up at the moment, but after Christmas in July and now the Hallowe'en stash is coming out ALREADY, who can blame me? When I start posting Easter designs in October, you have my full permission to come round with the strait jacket and get me committed. I blame the owls personally. ;-)

This week's Scrap Whispers Challenge 38 is a very simple one: to use a stamp and some rik-rak. Now I KNOW everyone else is going to be using their adorable Sugar Nellie stamps, because they seem to be the latest fashion in card-making. They're a delightfully pink'n'frilly collection of little girls chasing butterflies or holding baskets of flowers. I really like them actually, but I haven't got any, and I'm not a girlie-girl - have I mentioned that before?! So owls it is.

Here are the two cards I've submitted for my entry. There are 6 more which I can't show you yet. Hmm. Maybe DH was right...

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Rosey, you are so funny! Cant wait to see the other 6!
Kel x

Georgina said...

oh I LOVE these