Saturday 1 August 2009

The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged)

I'm confused. As usual! DH took yesterday (Friday) off, so it feels like Sunday today to me. And by the time I finish this it's going to be after midnight so it will actually be tomorrow. Aargh.

Yesterday (or the day before) was our 10th wedding anniversary (cue: fanfare and cheers... YAY... and CUT) and also the 9th anniversary of losing my father. Consequently we don't tend to celebrate much on this day. Instead, we celebrate on New Year's Eve which is the day we met, the day we got engaged a year later, and the day we were planning on getting married. But we had to bring the wedding forward 5 months because of two family illnesses. My Dad was one of them, and I'm so glad we did change the date because he was able to walk me up the aisle, which he couldn't do by the end of the year. (And besides, it's easier for DH to have only one date to remember - even if he does forget, he can just take me to a New Year's party HAHA!)

So we didn't do cards and such - therefore nothing pretty to show you there - but DH did manage to get tickets to see the Reduced Shakespeare Company on their Singapore tour. If you haven't heard of them before, click on the link and have a surf. They're hilarious.

I saw their Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged) many, many years ago and the evolved, modernised version we saw tonight was still rib-crackingly funny. In fact a girl a couple of rows behind seemed unable to stop crowing even between the jokes, so I missed a few bits. Grr.

Afterwards they had an autograph-signing session, so I queued up like a teenager to take their photo and get their squiggles on our programme. Then we had to top up our parking card, and then we went to get coffee. And then at 10:55pm, DH mentioned that he thought the car park closed for the night around now, so it was a bit of an Olympic totter in my heels, past the darkened, shuttered library entrances to find a door that took us back to the car. He was right - we got out with moments to spare.

So we have a signed programme, a leaflet, the tickets and a slightly blurred mobile phone photo. Yup, you've guessed it. That means a lay-out!

Not now though. It's tomorrow any minute now, and the TV is only showing the kind of rubbish designed to drive people to bed. Good night!

No comments: