Friday 11 December 2009

Published on ScrapJazz - Colour Combo

A while ago now I put together a LO for the ScrapJazz December 2009 Colour Combo Challenge - which of course I couldn't post! But now it has been published, so I can show you the LO.

ScrapJazz have brought out this new colour coordinating tool called Scrap by Color. It's clever - you upload a photo, and it shows you the colours which will go with it the best. To showcase its launch, we were asked to produce a LO based on this colour combination, which is an interesting one.



Well obviously having been given the colours first, I did it the other way round. I chose a photo that I thought would work with those colours and uploaded it into the tool. To my amazement and delight, the colours it suggested were almost exactly right! So the software works backwards too, hehee!

You can see everyone's LOs in the article by clicking on the link at the top of the post. But just in case you're only interested in mine ;-) here it is!



I used scraps for all of this, so I don't know where most of the papers and card-stock came from. The green is from the back of a Hamblys screen print, and the blue is Scenic Route. The sticker lettering came from my local grocery store children's department and from an EK Success kit. I cut the circles using my Cuttlebug and QuicKutz nested circles dies, and used white pen to draw the reflections on the bubbles. The edges were all inked and I doodled around the edges of the "bricks" with gel glitter pens.

No comments: