Sunday 24 January 2010

Scrap Whispers Challenge - The Write Stuff

Challenge #53 this week at Scrap Whispers is to focus on your journalling - tell a story. So many people struggle with journalling, and I must admit I cheated a little, in my opinion, by taking the "focus on your journalling" part rather than "tell a story".

I used DH's and my favourite-recipe-in-the-world, for molasses chocolate chip cookies. YUM! We had a good Saturday afternoon working together on this, with DH behind the camera as well as chopping nuts and running around after me - "can you grab the chocolate chips out of the fridge?" and "oops, pass me a cloth - quick!" not to mention being chief tester of the end product. And I may have double-checked the cookie quality a couple of times as well while I was working on the LO... well you have to be certain, don't you?

I used Basic Grey papers, scalloped circles cut with QuicKutz flower dies using my Cuttlebug, pink and white stickers from Heidi Swapp and pearls from Prima. There are also some stickers from a magazine freebie, and the title was cut using my Silhouette from scraps of Bazzill card-stock. The recipe comes from Eat Right 4 Your Type. It was a perfect excuse to make a LO and spend quality time with DH - hehee!

Now, over to you. Can you make your journalling the focus of a LO?

No comments: