Monday 1 March 2010

The long and the short of it

This week's challenge over at Scrap Whispers is to create a LO with a title of "The long and the short of it". I found that a challenge indeed. I had a pile of ideas, but I didn't like any of them.

Then when I was clearing out for the house move, I found some expired membership cards which had my photo on them, and I was struck by how much my hair has changed in the last 5 years. I had cut it just before I moved out to Singapore, thinking that short hair would be cooler than long. For the record, it is not. The only way to keep cool is to tie hair back off the neck. Well I know that NOW.


The background was done for me with this fun Bo Bunny paper, and I just stuck down the photos and journalled straight onto it. The brown lettering is American Crafts, and the green was cut using my Silhouette in appropriate fonts out of Basic Grey scraps. And that was about it. Having literally dreamed about this LO for days on end, it came together in a couple of hours. Thanks to Monika for keeping me company while she spent most of her night doing an on-line chat-scrap with me!

No comments: