Monday 5 July 2010

What's in a name?

I just accepted a package for my DH. The conversation with the non-Caucasian delivery guy went something like this:

Guy: Hi (holding out a package)
Me: Oh good, thanks! (taking it)
Guy: Is this for you?
Me: (checking the parcel, it says Mr.) It's for my husband.
Guy: (getting out his gadgety thing) What is your name?
Me: Rosey, shall I spell that for you?
Guy: no that's OK. Your surname?
Me: The same as my husband's (big smile, holding out the parcel so he could see the label)
Guy: Sign here please? (holding out the gadget)

I look. Rozzy. And the surname has been "corrected". Grr.

Me: Does it matter that the name is wrong?
Guy: No, it's only to prove it's been delivered
Me: (long look at him - is he kidding? Nope. I write) m-i-n-n-i-e m-o-u-s-e
Guy: Thanks, have a good day
Me: You too

No comments: