Sunday 15 August 2010

Poor Henry

This challenge is another interesting one from our LSS, the Craft Stand in Malaga. As I've mentioned before, they make up identical $5 competition packs containing card-stock, patterned paper, some ribbon or fibre and an embellishment of some kind. You have a month to make that month's subject: either a card, LO or other item, using at least 80% of the kit. Then you leave your creation(s) at the store, and the customers vote for which they like the best. At the end of the month, the winner gets a $20 voucher to spend at the store, and their work displayed on the wall. I think that's a great idea, and a proper challenge for me, to enter something for merit rather than random selection for a change.

So of course I've gone all out for this! I fell in love with this adorable stamp when I saw it on the Whiff of Joy on-line store. I mean, doesn't he look pitiful? Don't you just want to gather him up and give him a big cuddle? He was perfect to showcase these completely un-girlie papers in the kit. I've only used about half of my pretties on this card, so watch out for more cards!

I wish I knew who makes all the papers and ribbon. I must find out. The chipboard corner is Twiddleybitz. I do know the challenges I'm entering them into though, in addition to the Craft Stand of course. Cute Card Thursday want us to use leaves/trees, and A Spoonfull (not my misspelling!) of Sugar have given us this prettiest sketch, which, of course, I've flipped!


to produce this:


Poor little Henry!

4 comments:

Georgina said...

this might just be the cutest get well card I have ever seen!! Good luck

debby4000 said...

Oh wonderful card and adorable image.
luv
Debby

Julie said...

Ahhh, that is SO CUTE!

Thank you for joining us at CCT!

Julie

Annie said...

aww poor sick Henry! love your card and the leaves in the corner. thanks for joining us at CCT this week.
hugs, annie x