Friday 13 August 2010

Still got the blues for you

Yeah I know, I don't have to sing a song for these challenges, but I've been working in BLUE all morning and that tune keeps going round in my head - I love it!

The challenges for this card are actually House Mouse with a vintage theme, the summertime blues for Simon Says (so I ought to be singing that really), and this sketch from Sketch Saturday which again I rotated clockwise. I always seem to chose an image which is the other way round from the sketch - I'm just contrary, hehee.


And I'm just going to say that I'd like to enter the Lili of the Valley challenge of 4 seasons (with summer, obviously) but they've recently changed their rules so that you can only enter if you've used their stamps or die-cuts. I have used one of their sentiments inside - it's worth a try, but I don't blame them if that doesn't count. I did buy a sentiment pack and one other stamp from them, but I couldn't find anything else that got me excited, so I'll probably end up taking them off my list of challenge blogs to follow. This is a shame because their challenges are inspiring and I enjoy the blog, but there it is. A bit of customer feedback there!


So here we are. This adorable stamp is House Mouse of course, coloured with Copics. The blue paper is from Rebecca Sower, and the patterned paper is Crafty Secrets Heart-warming Vintage collection. I punched the doily shape with my Carla Crafts Macaron punch. How cute is that!

10 comments:

Kelly said...

I love this card! You do such a beautiful job in colouring it in x

debby4000 said...

Fabulous, cute card
luv
Debby

Sue said...

Hi Ya
aww beautiful card, lovely colouring, gorgeous papers & design,thank you for joining us at House Mouse & Friends this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

Heather said...

Morning Rosey, although I suppose it evening there!! Fabulous card, great colours and papers, great colouring of the cute image and fantastic punching, thought I recognised that punch.
So glad you could join us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge.
hugs Heather xx

Christine said...

Gorgeous creation love your image & colours great take on the chall...thanks for sharing & joining us at House Mouse and Friends Monday chall.

smiles Christine xx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Aw I love this image - that mouse looks like he's having so much fun! :)

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!

-Sarah

Sue said...

Very cute image, colored beautifully. Great punched background too. Pretty "blue" papers. Thanks for sharing your card with us this challenge at House Mouse and Friends. We hope you will come back for another challenge, a new one starts Monday!

Take Care
Sue Drees

Sue from Oregon said...

Fun card for the vintage challenge at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge. Love the DP and your punched doily! Thanks for sharing with us!

Lisa said...

Adorable project! Thanks for joining us at HM&F Challenge!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card :-) I LOVE all HM stamps but this one is just soo cute :-) the papers and embellies are fab too :-)

thanks for joining us on the HM&F Monday and Simon Says Stamp Challenges :-)
luv
Lols x x x