Tuesday 14 September 2010

Beeing crafty

This card took me AGES; far longer than I would normally spend on a card, but that's because I've never tried the moving picture effect before so it needed a bit of planning. It's for a new friend at church who has not only given DH a big bag of beautiful purple daisies from her garden to plant in ours, but who got me a ticket for a free Come and Sing at Perth Concert Hall yesterday afternoon. I haven't done any singing for so long, and it was pure joy to learn and sing three new pieces with around a thousand other people.

I'm entering it into these challenges:
Charisma Cardz Challenges - "something new or not done before" which is the tab
Cute Card Thursday - "play on words"
Quixotic Challenges - "Move it, move it!" which is also the moving tab (I'll be singing that song from Madagascar all day now!) I'm justifying this by the fact that there isn't a "main image" as such, so I'm going for the Basic Grey papers part of the rules. I hope they agree with me.
Truly Scrumptious - "Get knotted" and this sketch which I've flipped on its horizontal axis:


And here's the card:

and with the tab pulled out so the bee lands on the purple daisy:


Cute huh? It's all Basic Grey Kioshi except the pale green which is a scrap from a different BG pack. The bee and the sentiment are from Hero Arts, the flower is Prima, the ribbon is from my stash, the arrow was cut using my Cuttlebug, and the eyelets set using my Cropodile. The grass came home in my handbag from a sushi restaurant, much to DH's embarrassment!

And a special mention to Bizzy Becs, a local on-line store that I recently discovered. I placed an order and it was despatched a little later than intended due to technical problems. It arrived this morning, and to make up for it, Bec had included some special free gifts. So the googley eyes, that beautiful purple pearly brad and the yellow Stickles (my new favourite!) on this card didn't touch the ground between the postman and my craft table. I LOVE mail order! LOL

2 comments:

Becky said...

This is an AWESOME card! Love it!

Kimberly said...

Rosey my dear, it is simply not fair that you are THIS talented! The card is divine, cute beyond cute.