Thursday 24 March 2011

Less is More

I was following links the other day when I found this new card challenge blog: Less is More which is all about the "white space" and simplicity. I find clean and simple much more "me" than the fussy stuff, although each has its place. And I'm obviously not the only one who feels that way, as the blog has only been going for 7 weeks and it has over 600 Followers already! So that's another one for my list.

And that led me off on another midnight inspiration flight after DH had gone to bed. Before I knew it, I'd made these and I still wasn't even tired.


It's hard to see because photographing tone-on-tone is not something my little camera is very good at, but it's just grey card embossed with a white sparkly butterfly added to each, and mounted on A5 navy card. Couldn't be more simple.

Then I checked out the week's challenge: off-the-page. No problem. Out came the Inkadinkado Utopiary stamps that I fell in love with late last year, and the heat gun and embossing powder, and got this card (and the same tone-on-tone photography problems, sigh).


It works, doesn't it? I think next time I'd put the tree on the right side of the card, but it's not bad for a post-midnight, rubbish-lighting, adrenaline-fuelled kinda card. Pleased with myself, I went to bed.

When I went to photograph it and post it, a concert, a 2-day headache and a trip to the osteopath later, of course the challenge had changed. Grr. It was now "masculine". Hmm {head-tilt}. Yeah I think I'd still send that to a guy. I wonder whether I could enter it into both weeks' challenges.....? ;-)

8 comments:

Mandi said...

Beautiful card Squirrel
Love the other white ones too! White n white is so powerful!
Thanks for joining us, see you again
mandi
"Less is More"

Chrissie said...

Sadly you can't enter it in both week's challenges, but it will certainly be great for this week's challenge!
I'm so glad that you are enjoying clean and simple cards, so do comeback on Saturday for when a new challenge will be published!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Squirrel x said...

Your butterfly cards are stunning sweetie - just love the classic simplicity of them. Hugs Sxx

Kathyk said...

Smashing array of CAS cards

Kathyk

massofhair said...

Your white on white cards are so clever and look amazing and can be used for any occasion, ultra chic:-)

Sylvie said...

Wonderful bonsai card
Hug Sylvie x

Tamara said...

Rosey, Great cards! The tone on tone is such a nice effect. Just lovely.

Hugs!

Susan said...

Beautiful work! Love the white on white...so serene!