Sunday 20 March 2011

Scrap Whispers Challenge #94 - Buttons

Hi - thank you for joining us for this week's Scrap Whispers Buttons challenge!

Apologies for being late. I have no excuse really, just my life being packed with stuff, much of it unscheduled, last-minute "can-you-justs". It wasn't helped by the landlord deciding after a year to get the ceiling painted which meant undercoat one day then top coat the next, right above my scrap desk. Sigh. I could only chip away at my LO in odd moments (putting it back together again several times after the dust sheet had mucked it all up!) until it was done, which wasn't very satisfying, but it's finished now and I like it.

The LO is about our recent trip with the in-laws to Margaret River. We were told by the cottage owner that there was an old, half-blind, half-deaf kangaroo who liked to wander into the cottages if he found the doors left open. He was wild, but very accustomed to people, and they nicknamed him Old Man Grey. We looked in vain for him until the very last morning, then about an hour before we checked out, there he was, resting in the shade of a tree.

Mother-in-law and I went outside with cameras and approached him very slowly. He got up and ambled towards us, and MIL stopped and hid behind me, hehee. But he was keeping low, not threatened at all so I wasn't concerned. He sniffed us both and got very interested in the body lotion I'd just put on - he was trying to lick my arms. Then father-in-law came out too, and Old Man Grey checked him out too. I managed to snap this wonderful picture of the two of them apparently checking out each other's... um... assets. Once he'd decided he'd seen enough, he ambled off and started breakfasting on the owner's prize roses. What a character.


I really wanted to use my Blog Hop flowers on this LO, along with some other papers from the same Echo Park "Life is Good" collection pack. I topped it off with red ink and Stickles in Coffee Ice and Diamond.

The rest of the DT has produced a whole bag full of different ideas - pretty impressive! How will you use your 20 buttons?

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Oh Rosey, this is lovely! You do such beautiful work. You almost make me want to go back to paper lol

Tamara said...

Rosey, Your LO is just beautiful! I love all your buttons. Seems we are all thinking about buttons. lol

Hugs!
Tamara

Maria Elena said...

What a pretty double LO !!! Love those colors, papers and flowers... great job !
Have a great Monday ;-)
Maria Elena~
http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/