Friday 22 April 2011

Scrap Whispers April Blog Hop


Hello and welcome back to the Scrap Whispers Blog Hop - thank you so much for taking part, and I hope you enjoy what we have for you to do!

This month we're focussing on scrap-lifting. Well, that's what the game is all about, after all! Georgina has given us this funny page showing what happens when you leave your brother alone with your camera, and has asked us all to lift it.

Firstly Georgina's page, then mine:


I've used my brand new Bo Bunny's Midnight Frost collection pack which has just arrived. I've been drooling over this for months, and obviously anytime after last November, so has everybody else because it's been out of stock everywhere. Now I couldn't wait to crack it open. Aren't those dots in with the snowflakes just delicious!

I made this as close a lift as I was able to. I didn't have the same papers, but I chose the closest that I could, and it's pretty obvious that this is an imitation of Georgina's work. And as such, she should be credited with the design if I post this whether it be on my blog, or in a gallery somewhere completely different from Scrap Whispers. If someone has produced a design that you love and would like to copy, it's only fair that permission should be asked of the designer for a copy to be made if possible, AND that they be credited when you post your own version.

This is something that we don't really emphasise in Scrap Whispers, and maybe we should. The game is all about lifting the design of the previous player. So when we post our own lifts, we really ought to be linking back to the Scrap Whispers blog site so that anyone viewing our lifts is aware of where they came from. By the same token, if we see a design somewhere on the net that we want to lift: in a gallery, or someone's blog, at the very least we should credit the source. And if they have lifted it themselves, it's always fun to be able to link back to their source and see how it has changed. Which if course, was how the whole Scrap Whispers game began in the first place.

So what we want to see this month is very simple. Just scrap-lift Georgina's LO, post both the original (with a link back to where it came from) and your lift on your blog, leave a link back to the Scrap Whispers blog, and leave some love on each of the DT's blogs as well as the main SW blog:
Georgina
Nilsa
Kelly
Rosey (here!)
Helen
Kimberly
Sherri
Scrap Whispers

Happy lifting, happy blog-hopping, and a Happy Easter to you all!

5 comments:

Georgina said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this layout Rosey! Great job and some very useful and important tips about scraplifting too

Nilsa said...

Great job on the lift and article! TFS Nilsa

nerllybird said...

Hi Rosey, great page! I really need some Winter papers but I might have to wait until I've used up all these summer ones, lol x

FiKenward said...

Great Page.

Kelly said...

Love your page!! Such cute photos and great how youy stayed true to the layout.