Friday 18 November 2011

Scrap Whispers Challenge #107 - Sketch

G'day, g'day, g'day!

This week at Scrap Whispers, it is the lovely Nilsa's turn to provide us with a new sketch. It's a simple one, but I actually found it quite challenging. Yes, I know, that's the whole point, to be challenged! What do you think? Interesting huh?


I used photos of some dear friends in the UK. It's a sweet story. 20 years ago I worked with A, and S and I shared a flat. Then I met DH (as he became) and we moved into a home of our own. A and S were both invited to the house-warming and things went on from there. I was a bridesmaid at their wedding, and S was maid-of-honour at ours, and we've kept in touch ever since. They came out to stay with us for a couple of weeks in June and we had a whale of a time.

I have a pile of quality pics to scrap from that trip, but these are from when we met in the UK the year before. We had a wonderful meal in the Globe Inn - a perfect opportunity for me to make another dreadful title pun. You have my full permission to groan. :-)


The papers are from Basic Grey's Porcelain collection, which had been saved in my "too pretty to use" mental compartment for far too long.

I feel that I've moved quite a long way from the original sketch, although it's recognisable when you see them together. What will you do with it? Show us on your blog, put a link in your post to the Scrap Whispers blog, and then link us up to your post to be in with a chance of winning possibly my favourite Echo Park collection pack yet. Good luck!

No comments: