Wednesday 1 February 2012

Elephants and tags

I haven't got round to much blogging lately, what with church work, laundry, and booking our next trip away, but I am still crafting a little in between.

This week's Less Is More sketch challenge set me on fire, I tell you! Mandi's and Chrissie's exquisite inspiration cards made me want to make about a hundred cards with this design - and I want to try the Black Magic technique - and I have renewed my love of silhouettes and water-based ink.

I got the silhouette sticker page of 3 from my LSS, the inks are Dew Drops dye inks and the greeting is from Portacraft. You can see that I improved as I made them - I learned that the ink will not bleed through the card so I don't have to be stingey with it. I also learned to let the stuff dry out before you get the true colour! I discovered that my old masking tape had gone all gungey, and when I tried to pull it off the edges, it left sticky marks and pulled some of the paper off - hence the unintentional black strips up the sides. I don't like the sticker placement as much either, but hey ho. DH was on his way home and I was in a hurry before I had to stop having fun and start the tea.

Whaddaya think?



I also had fun with a Paper Wishes tutorial for a double pocket card which I HAD to try. I quite often watch their little videos while I'm having my lunch, because they are 10-20 minutes long which is just right. It's fatal though, because I then want to play all afternoon. Here is what I came up with for my version of the tutorial. I think it's even prettier than theirs, personally. ;-)

This is for Bizzy Becs' "anything goes" challenge.





11 comments:

Chrissie said...

My Goodness you're really on a LIM roll!
These are great, I must confess to preferring the design where the sticker reaches down to the very bottom of the vertical panel... however they're all fab!
Thanks again.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Mandi said...

Pink and orange is one of my FAV comboes, so your sunset is so appealing to me
Works great with the sticker
FAB card Squirrel

Thank you so much and for your lovely words
mandi
"Less is More"

Tam said...

love your sunsets!

Scrapmate said...

I love the silhouettes, the BGs are stunning.

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous creations , so glad you could join us at Bizzy Becs Anything goes challenge.
Hugs Cheryl

Jane said...

Wow, such great colours and fab silhouette.

Kathyk said...

Love your LIM's - colours are gorgeous and work beautifully with the silhouette stickers

Wish we had temperatures closer to yours - it's -2°c here in the South West U.K.!!

Kathyk

Kathyk

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow i love the African sunset.. really striking
Lisa x

Sally H said...

Wow, wow, wow, wow! Absolutely STUNNING! LOVE your LIM card! such gorgeous colours! Your cupcakes are fabulous too!

Heather T said...

The silhouette and gorgeous sunset are stunning.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

ALL of them are great cards and beautiful sunsets