Friday 3 February 2012

Scrap Whispers Challenge #118 - Colour

This week at Scrap Whispers we have a COLOUR challenge for you, which happen to be a favourite colour combination for me:

RED
ORANGE
GREEN

When we were in Adelaide, we visited the beautiful Adelaide Hills, and the Barossa Valley and McLaren Vale vineyards. DH was particularly excited about going to McLaren Vale, because that is where our top favourite wine is produced: Wirra Wirra's Church Block. Mmmm.

On our way through the little town I spotted a scrapbooking shop on the main road. How wonderful to be able to use supplies the I bought in McLaren Vale to create my pages about the trip! Very cool. It was a little place, the picture-framing half run by the husband, and the scrapbooking half run by the wife, who was off that day. The selection wasn't that great, but I found a few sheets which got my brain working overtime. I often find that when the inspiration is at its lowest, the challenge is hardest, and the result is the most satisfying. I was navigating us back to Adelaide, and I was thinking so hard about my LOs that I nearly sent DH the wrong way.

I was able to use a vine stamp that I was given second-hand years ago and never used. Here is the result, half of a double-page LO. They look better together, I have to admit, but the other one is for another challenge so you'll have to possess your souls in patience. They are both smothered in Glossy Accents which doesn't show up in the photo. Look out for a bunch more using the same papers over the next few weeks.


OK, it's your turn to enter and be in with the chance of winning a brand new prize. Link your entry to the Scrap Whispers blog, and include a link to Scrap Whispers in your post. See you over there!

No comments: