Wednesday 22 August 2012

Christmas stamp? Where?

For August's card challenge at ScrapJazz, Nora has come up with a truly challenging idea, and it has taken me this long to finish it. She wants us to choose one Christmas stamp, or a set, and create 3 cards with the stamps used in different ways.

Now as this is an American site, her terminology was actually "holiday" stamp. And silly me, having just got home from my summer holiday at the seaside in the sunshine, jumped to the immediate impression that she was talking about flip-flops, beaches and the sea. So I faffed around with masking and lighthouses (the only stamp I have that even remotely resembles a beach) for a while until I admitted defeat. At last the light-bulb went on. Duh. "Holiday" in American means "Christmas". And all the other religious and non-religious consumerism which goes on at the end of December.

OK, having got past my senior moment, I cracked open my box of Christmas stamps which hasn't seen the light of day for months, and considered. A stamp with multiple uses. Hmm.

How about this one? It's called "A Purrfect Day" from Personal Impressions. I've already shown you the first card I made. That's the complete stamp - no masking:


Now the next one is using the top part of the stamp only. I had to mask the border off as well as the sun and the cats. The copper star is a brad and the others are just made with a silver marker. My usual problem with photographing black doesn't show how vivid the copper ink is - you'll just have to take my word for it.



The third one also works for several current challenges:
Basic Grey: anything goes (I used paper from the 6"x6" Kissing Booth collection)
Creative Card Crew: script (the Cuttlebug embossing folder)
Stampavie and more: animals
Sketch Saturday: the sketch

See how I covered up the holly there to make it into a birthday card? Hehee. Not bad, all from one stamp. Me likey.

6 comments:

Georgina said...

wow! you have been busy again! love the kitty cat ones! :)

Squirrel x said...

I'm impressed! And what a purrfect stamp to get three very different cards from hun, simply brilliant! Hugs Sxx

paper fun said...

What fun to make 3 very different cards from one image. You really rocked this challenge!!!!

Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew.

Mari

Unknown said...

Lovely cards! Thanks for joining the challenge at Sketch Saturday this week. Best wishes, Trish x

darcy48 said...

Lovely cards and each one very different hugs Arlinex

LittleCraftsbyLia said...

Thank so much for joining the Creative Card Crew this week!

Your Project is lovely - I adore those colors!

Hugs and good luck, Elisa (DT)