Friday 19 April 2013

Clean and simple owls

I like owls. We have a lot of tawny owls living in the woods behind the house. We can hear them calling to each other in the evenings, and bat-eared DH has identified 15-20 different birds. We've seen them flying past the window in the fading light - it's such a satisfying feelings knowing that they are so close.

It was DH who bought me the Basic Grey owlets mini stamp set, and also the stitchery one, and I have to admit there are some stamps in the set that I hadn't used until today. Look how beautifully they have all come together though!




These are for the following challenges:
CASology: Word
CASual Fridays: birthday (it's mine in two weeks too :-> )
Basic Grey: Clean and simple
Less Is More: One Layer Card and a film - I'm going with Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole

I don't know whether I'm going to be able to give these away.... haha!

11 comments:

Ji Hye said...

What a cute owl. I haven't seen the movie, but When I come across it, I will certainly watch.

bluebell-flowerwood said...

hello squirrel,oh i love your owl cards i like owls to. nice you have a wood near bye and hear them to. i only have a odd owl that comes to the trees behind me,as i live in a town, but was born and grew up in the country village. we have sun in the north east of the country today,my daffodils are out now,are veg are in the garden. crafting hugs bluebell-flowerwood.

Meghan said...

What an amazing owl stamp! Perfect stamping! I think your husband deserves an extra hug for this purchase! So glad you in on joined the fun at CASology this week!

Ardyth said...

Love how you've created the balance by putting the images and sentiment in the two corners! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

Judy1223 said...

Wow, to have so many owls nearby...I don't think I've ever seen one near my home! I love your cards, all three color variations...what cool, graphic images! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

Rosemary said...

what a fun set of cards... love those owls! thanks so much for playing along with CASology!

Lisa said...

I really love how you've placed your sentiment! So clever and unique :)

Dortesjs said...

gorgeous card, love owls

Pamela said...

What gorgeous eyes the owls have! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

Alice said...

These are so cute! Lovely cards! Thanks for joining us this week at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

Jocelyn Olson said...

That is great how you showed us different color schemes. The owl stamp is great! Thanks for joining us for the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!