Monday 9 September 2013

A little bit of grunge

I do like a little bit of grunge every now and then, don't you?

This features some ice-resin paper I made at a recent craft retreat, and an experiment with Distress Inks, Crackle Glaze and Distress Stickles. If you embed the gems into the glaze before it sets, they stick. Didn't know that. I will say though, that after being passed around the crop a gem did fall off, but nothing that a blob of Glossy Accents (thanks Sue!) couldn't fix. I tried inking the tulle with Distress Inks too, but that didn't work as well. It looks quite nice though.


This is for Sketch Saturday and Basic Grey Challenges (I used Marjolaine paper).

3 comments:

Tanya Ham said...

Wow! Another artistic creation! Love it! :)

Cathy P said...

What a great card! I love the grunge look and how you interpreted the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch Saturday this week!
Hugs,
Cathy xx

Debra Miller said...

Great technique and result, wonderful card. Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week! Hugs, Deb