Monday 4 May 2015

Hoppy birthday MIL!

I may have said this before (like every year!) but my MIL is a bit of a frog fanatic. Their house is a shrine to frogs of every shape, size and colour, which makes birthday cards easy. The main challenge is finding a different design each year, but after going to the Oyster Stamps craft retreat in Daventry in March and spending rather too much on goodies, this time I had it in the bag.

One of the dies I bought was this delight from Memory Box. I couldn't wait to play with it. I cut the frogs with my Silhouette and the bullrush (called Cattails from Die-Namites) I cut in half and placed on each side. Eucalyptus Stickles and a hand-cut lily pad finished it off, and MIL was almost as pleased with it as I was.


Challenges:
Cute Card Thursday: sentiment
Papertake Weekly: Take your pick (I chose White Plus One colour, and am hoping that silver counts as a variation of white)
Simon Says Stamp: anything

3 comments:

Squirrel x said...

Frogtastic hun, MIL is gonna be over the moon! Very clever use of dies and cutting. How are you? Hope all is well. Hugs sneezing-pollen-twitching-Squirrel xx

Mandy said...

Wonderful card Squirrel! A fabulous design and the frongs are so cute.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

Liz said...

That is an amazing card!!!